Thursday 13 October 2011

Day 3 - Arrived St Kilda, Melbourne

I have had an amazing start to my Melbourne stay. I arrived into St Kilda around lunchtime on Friday. The sun was shining and there were people everywhere making the most of it.








I went for a walk down the pier and up and down Ackland street.
























Sat and had a drink with the many others at a place called Republica which overlooked the beach.







Still had a couple of hours till I was due to meet up with my couch surfing host so I kicked back on the grass and people watched for a while. Meanwhile, while I was talking to Kim on the phone, a good looking guy sat down in front of me and was taking photos. When he stood to leave I smiled at him (smiles are free so I can be generous with them!) He walked off but, stone the crows, he came back a couple of minutes later and said hello, introduced himself and asked if he could sit with me........being the friendly girl that I am of course I said yes.........after a lovely chat for about 20 minutes he asked if he could buy me a drink ( ahhhh let me think about that.....YES). So back to Republica we went for a drink until 6 pm came around and we both had somewhere to be....yes yes we exchanged numbers!!

Exciting isn't it!!! Well for me it is these things don't happen everyday!

I then headed off to meet my couch surfing host Rodney. He is awesome. We hit if off right away chatting and more chatting ( ok so maybe I was doing most of the talking!!)







My room







Lounge room









View from kitchen

He has a beautiful apartment and I have my own room and set of keys. He laid out towels on the bed and gave me a parking permit to park right out the front......how nice are the people in Melbourne!!! So he then takes me out and points out the places to go and the ones to avoid. We had a beer at one place and then headed to another........there are about 50 places to eat and drink on Fitzroy St (maybe an exaggeration but there are heaps!!!) we had a bottle of red and tapas and lots more chatting. Then a female friend of Rodney's joined us and my photography friend also joined us. What a great night......was up till the early hours of the morning but oh my goodness what a first day I have had.

p.s. Photography man was very nice, was a perfect gentlemen but I did manage to get a kiss or two! Will I see him again.....who knows because he is from Hungary, staying in Sydney and only visiting Melbourne for a couple of days. He left today.

p.p.s. Rodney's friend is an international student from Trinidad and her name is Sparkle!!!! How fun is that!! It's her real name.

So there ends the official starting day of my stay in Melbourne. If this keeps up I might not go home!

Till tomorrow and the search to find a place to live for the next month.

Amanda x



No comments:

Post a Comment