Monday 14 November 2011

Damon's Visit Day 4

First very important stop today was a coffee for me!!!!! So many cafes to choose from, I am still being a bit of a tourist trying them all out. Haven't really found my place yet :-) So I guess I cant say I am a local yet??

                                                      Damon ready?.......oh ...clearly not!!!

                                                             Ok ready..... that's lovely


Went to Brighton Beach to check out the coloured Beach Huts - also know as Bathing Boxes. We picked out a few we liked to have out photo taken with.
                                                     Knew his mum would like this one!!!

                                          Damon didn't mind the boxing kangaroo - very patriotic

 I thought this one was cute.....Damon didn't know why!!! must have been the red and white stripes          based on the Dragons patriotism!!!

                                                                Another one I liked

                                      We both liked this one because it was taller then the others

I thought I would take Damon to Pure Pop records where I have been a few time to have a drink and listen to live music. It is just down the road in St Kilda. Sunday afternoons they have about 3 or 4 acts on for about and hour each. Unfortunately we arrived at 3pm and first act wasn't till 4pm so after an hours wait ( i was ok I had a wine!!!!) we were hoping the first fella was going to be good. Well he wasnt our cup of tea....the music was a bit depressing and he kinda wailed!!!!!



So we left........went and had some dumplings and noodles in Ackland st.



Then later that evening we went to St Kilda Pier to see the Little Blue Penguins (Fairy) at dusk . We had no idea what to expect, so arrived in plenty of time. So the younger penguins are already tucked in amongst the rocks waiting for the adults to come back and feed them. The closer to dark it gets they start calling out ........can we use the word 'chirp'. Unfortunately my cameras battery had died at this point so I will add some of the photos Damon took once he forwards them to me. Here is a photo I found on the internet to give you an idea.
Drawcards: Penguin in silhouette at St Kilda, where the little birds attract crowds of up to 1500 people a night.
Photo: Ken Irwin


So at about 8.30pm we had to leave the Penguins -  unfortunately after only seeing a few of the adults come in....gets dark late down here in Melbourne so we couldn't wait any longer as we had to drive to the city to go up Sky Deck.

Eureka Sky Deck at night was just amazing. Here is a photo that we had done in what they call the edge. It is a glass box that moves out 3 metres from the building. 



                 Damon thought he better take the opportunity to eat an icecream 300m above the ground



                                                       bit blurry  - sorry about that!!!


So a great day had and now home for a hot chocolate.


Till tomorrow


Amanda & Damon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment